approx. 1,350 km - at least 6 driving days
A: Parque Natural Montes de Málaga
B: Sierras de Tejeda, Almijara y Alhama Natural Park
C: Parque Nacional de Sierra Nevada
D: Desierto de Tabernas / Paraje Natural Sierra Alhamilla
E: Parque Natural del Cabo de Gata-Níjar
Places with sightseeing
- Málaga - the birthplace of Picasso and a vibrant centre on the Costa del Sol with a thriving nightlife, wide beaches, imposing buildings and interesting sights.
- Alhama de Granada - on the edge of a deep gorge lies the thermal baths built by the Romans and fed by hot springs.
- Trevélez - the picturesque mountain village at an altitude of 1,476m is world-famous for its Serrano ham and clings to the southern slope of the Sierra Nevada like a white swallow's nest.
- Granada - the Moorish jewel is world-famous for the Alhambra towering over the city and the idyllic Moorish residential district of Albaicín, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sierra Nevada - in the national park of the same name is the southernmost ski area in Europe and the highest point (over 2,500m) of our tours.
- Guadix - the city of dwelling caves and one of the oldest human settlements in the country.
- Garrucha - settled 5,000 years ago and blessed with beautiful white sandy beaches on the Costa de Almería.
- Las Negras - the place of smugglers and pirates in the Cabo de Gata Natural Park of low, North African cube houses among the palm trees.
- San José - popular holiday resort with a wide city beach and promenade surrounded by a picturesque cliff.
- Tabernas - eponym of Europe's only desert and location of numerous wild west films such as Sergio Leone's "Once upon a time in the West”.
- Almería - the easternmost capital in Andalusia in the bay of the Gulf of Almería with the Moorish fortress Alcazaba.
- Nerja - the small town on the Costa del Sol has an old town with enchanting charm and the Balcón de Europa.
- Puerto de la Ragua - 2,000m high pass point in the eastern Sierra Nevada and popular cross-country skiing area.
- Observatorio de Calar Alto - a German-Spanish observatory on the 2,168m high Calar Alto in the Sierra de los Filabres with the largest reflecting telescope in Western Europe.
- Alto Velefique - View of 1000 mountains and 1000 curves - a special viewpoint at an altitude of 1,860m.
- Mirador De La Granatilla - special viewpoint over the coast of the Cabo de Gata Natural Park.
- Cala de Las Sirenas - Cove with impressive views of the "Mermaid" reef in the Cabo de Gata Natural Park.
- Hornos de calcinación - bizarre buildings of an old, abandoned iron smelting plant in the Sierra Alhamilla Nature Park.
- Cerro Gordo - imposing viewpoint on the cliff in front of Nerja.
Between the tour stops mentioned above, there are numerous other exciting sights and natural landscapes.
Due to the weather conditions at altitudes of 1,400 metres and above, we only run this route from the beginning of May to mid-October.
There are traditional ventas (inns) all along the route. There is always plenty of time for a rest with delicious tapas, Spanish desserts, ice cream and drinks. Throughout the ride, there are plenty of opportunities for spectacular group photos. We decide individually at the numerous photo points when to allow the tyres to cool down.
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 5
- Day 6